The Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals (ASAPU) was formed in 2005, as a professional body that brings together all Secretaries and Administrative Professionals in Uganda.
The main objective of the Association is to empower its members to raise their professional standards through pursuing further studies/skills development for personal development, self-esteem and attainment to set standards of excellence on a global perspective fully recognized by the public and private sector.
To encourage and empower Secretaries/Administrative Professionals to achieve excellence. Thus the Motto “Ambassadors of Excellence”.
To be a recognized leader of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals through enhancement of individual and corporate values of; competence, influence and positive image.
- To raise professional standards of administrative practitioners through continuing education and personal development, and promote the attainment of high standards of administrative performance.
- To facilitate and encourage continuing professional development of secretaries and administrative professionals to enable them to make a maximum contribution in their field of activity.
- To liaise with government, the media, the business, and education community to promote an understanding of the training, experience and career opportunities necessary for development of its members.
- To offer guidance and service on all aspects of administrative work.
- To provide opportunities for a free exchange of ideas, opinions, practices, and experiences with Associations and bodies with similar and related objectives through conferences, meetings, seminars, publications, and educational materials
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the foregoing objectives or any of them.
To ensure consistency and as part of our strategic plan in maintaining a competitive influence, ASAPU instilled and complies with the following values:
- Ethical Behavior